I wanted to free up one of my kitchen drawers as well as have my measuring tools more accessible so an in cupboard rack is what resulted! The chalkboard wasn't necessary, but sort of was at the same time- I love the hidden character it give to the kitchen!
Originally I planned to use the chalkboard for something practical like writing up conversions I'm often googling but how could I pick practical over a saying like, 'if in doubt bake a cupcake'? I don't know about you but those are definitely words I live by!
To transform this cupboard we used:
half round molding
- Paint chalkboard paint on cupboard door
- Measure and cut molding accordingly
- mark out desired spacing of nails for the cups/spoons
- drill hole before nailing to reduce likely hood of splitting the molding
- Evenly spread glue on the back of the molding and clamp at desired placing until dry (we removed cupboard door to lay flat on counter for this step)
- Cover entire board with chalk and and then wipe off before using
- Decorate chalkboard