- Frog tape really is better than blue painter's tape.
- It's all about the taping.
- If you are painting the walls you don't need to tape off above the trim.
- If you are able too, shimmy or scoot tape underneath trim.
- There is no easy way to tape of carpeted stairs.
- Make sure you paint below the height of the carpet.
- Start with a small bead of caulking (cut a small hole).
- Run caulking on top of the molding as opposed to the wall.
- Keep a bowl of water next too you.
- Run a bead of caulking and smooth with a wet finger.
- a wet finger creates a smooth finish.
- keeps caulking from sticking to finger.
We wound up needing to do three coats on the base trim and sills but four coats on the doorways and doors.
It really was an incredible transformation, to us anyways. I hope to be sharing more of whats going on with house projects soon and some photos of what it actually looks like with the new trim!