Anyways, enough about that! After being directed to some fabulous blogs via Pinterest, here are some projects I've been incredibly inspired and motivated by. See this as my DIY goals or 'to-do' list:
Source: (1) LollyJane (2) Sew, Mama, Sew (3) Indulgery (4) 517 Creations (5) Chez Beeper Bebe (6) DIYing to be Domestic (7) Addicted 2 Decorating (8) dirtsastudio (9) Me Sew Crazy (10) HGTV (11) Martha Stewart Living
- Just before leaving for Japan we bought the largest cubical Ikea shelf in the store! It didn't look as big in the warehouse as it does in our living room... Right now it just has books kind of thrown on it so when we get home I want to organize it more decoratively. I like the idea of having crates on the bottom to hold kid toys.
- Not sure what I miss more- my Kitchen Aid or my sewing machine! Though Gabriel is probably getting passed the age of cute little fabric shoes I do know many babies and soon to be babies that aren't and I really want to try my hand at making some!
- I grew up with having outdoor fires and really miss that aspect of my childhood. The goal is to have some sort of outdoor fire-pit area by the end of summer.
- Okay so I know this oversized rule has been out there a long time but I just LOVE it! Again, this was something we did growing up- we had a wall where we recorded our height (and my foot size...) and I would love to do the same for our children.
- Along with an outdoor fire-pit I want to dress up our backyard and make it feel very welcoming. Aren't these hanging canning jars so sweet?!
- Let the boy awesomeness begin! At first I was sad that I wouldn't get to have fun with clothes like I would have if I had a girl... And then I discovered how cool boy clothes can be! Yes, I love this.
- We have a cat and though I love him I do not love having his littler box in our downstair's bathroom. It's really the only place for it and it drives me nuts. When I came across this I instantly knew I had to make one for him. Now his littler box will be disguised and that works for me.
- Another popular item in the blog world- anything and everything scrabble letters. I want to incorporate the trend somewhere in our home.
- Back to the sewing machine! Our son is tall and lean. At the age of 9 months he is wearing 18 month pants that will only stay on his derriere if he's wearing a bulky cloth diaper. I'm looking forward to sewing him some more well fitting clothes.
- Our bathrooms are dates to the early 1990's. At first thought that doesn't sound like that long ago but it is already 20+ years ago. We're all about DIY inexpensive upgrades so this is right up our ally. Add some bead board to the side of the tube for a more up-to-date look.
- Cannot forget Christmas! Much of my Christmas crafting starts early because I just love it so much! Also because I try to stock up my Etsy early. I've been wanting to put together an advent calendar for years and think this one is totally precious.
What projects are inspiring you these days?